Rachio is seeking a design researcher to lead research efforts that uncover meaningful human-centered insights and interpret them for business and innovation opportunities. This is a lead role and the individual is expected to inspire, work with and guide multidisciplinary teams through a journey of discovery across a range or product and service offerings.
- Define and operationalize a human-centered research approach to integrate with the agile product development lifecycle
- Build research systems, methods and tools to help us scale research efforts and insights across multiple products, services and workstreams
- Scope a research process, lead fieldwork, conduct interviews and perform secondary research. Be prepared to plan and lead fieldwork to discover insights first-hand
- Strong foundation in qualitative methods and contextual inquiry that has been further developed through the integration of digital methods
- Lead the research synthesis process, and generate insights that can inspire and inform innovative design which could be in the form of a product, service or experience
- Distill research data down to focus on the most important insights, linking insights together in frameworks or principles for design and articulating them in a cogent way to drive impact
- Ability to shape and lead strategic systems thinking based upon insights gathered through research
- Develop points of view through cross-project synthesis to inspire colleagues and deepen our position as market leaders
- Develop research artifacts such as personas, customer journey maps and finding reports
- Ability to work flexibly and efficiently, exercising a balance between research rigor and nimble, fast-paced, rapidly iterative product cycles.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in areas including design research, market research, consumer insight or user experience in either a corporate or consultancy environment
- Proven record of using research to answer business and product strategy questions and needs
- Mastery of research techniques such as in-depth interviews, observation, immersion, documentation and insight generation
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and storytelling skills
- Understanding of a broad range of qualitative and quantitative research methods and their tradeoffs
- Cover Letter
Your portfolio should include 2-3 examples of projects you’ve worked on, and should focus on illustrating:
- The challenge you were trying to solve
- The research approach and methods used
- Some key learnings
- The impact of your research findings on design or business strategies
- Salary based on experience.
- Stock options.
- Great location in the heart of Denver’s LoDo area, near Larimer Square and transit options.
- Employee Paid Medical & Dental Insurance, 50% spouse paid.
- 401(k) Employee Retirement Savings Account.
- Paid Holidays & Flexible Time-Off Policy.
- Fun, collegial startup culture. Open office space with rooftop deck.
Apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include a cover letter.