The Product Manager is responsible for the definition of new product features and improvements based on customer insights and research data. The Product Manager will translate the user needs into stories, facilitate decisions on product strategy and continually reprioritize and refine the product backlog. The Product Manager needs to be familiar with a human-centered design approach, advocate for the customer while balancing feasibility and viability, and drive internal visibility into the development progress of the product.
The Product Manager will be responsible for managing the design and development for their respective products, serving as the scrum master.
- Have a deep understanding of the customer and serve as an advocate for the customer
- Translate the product vision into clearly articulated end-to-end use cases and user stories
- Consume customer research and work alongside the lead experience architect to identify pain points and potential solutions.
- Work with customers and Rachio cross-functional teams to identify product features and priorities to successfully met the goals of the business
- Be able to measure and quantify feature value in order to help facilitate prioritization
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand desirability, viability and feasibility
- Hold team's accountable for delivery against the product roadmap
- Facilitate and manage the product development delivery process for the design, development and QA teams
- Identify trends and opportunities in IoT and Smart Home that can be directly applied to solving specific pain points
- Help refine and evolve the agile product development process from sprint to sprint
- Drive organizational visibility into product development progress and completion
- Lead agile teams through the development process as part of the Product Owner role including creating and maintaining product backlog, prioritizing features, creating user stories, sprint planning, managing the work in the sprints, providing visibility to sprint burndown sprint closeout, and defining acceptance criteria.
- 5+ years of relevant product management or design experience with focus on software products and technology
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong influence skills
- Ability to innovate and define creative solutions with compelling user experiences that exceed customer expectations
- Scrum Master certification and experience
- Product owner experience in an agile environment
- Bachelor in Science, MBA a plus
- Experience with UI design for a consumer electronic product
- Experience with IoT products
- Experience with B-to-B and B-to-C products
- Experience in hardware development a plus
- Salary based on experience.
- Stock options.
- Great location in the heart of Denver’s LoDo area, near the ballpark, that includes parking.
- Employee Paid Medical & Dental Insurance, 50% spouse paid.
- 401(k) Employee Retirement Savings Account.
- Paid Holidays & Flexible Time-Off Policy.
- Fun, collegial startup culture. We even love dogs in the office.
Apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include a cover letter.