A Note About Children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any information about yourself to us. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to us or on the Services. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com
What Personal Information Does Rachio Collect?
The information we gather from customers enables us to personalize and improve our services, and allows our users to set up a user account and profile that can be used to personalize their experience on the Website. We collect information from end users of the Website, Application, Product and Services in the following ways:
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
We collect and store any information you voluntarily provide to us. For example:
- When you register for an account on our Website or Application (“Account”), we will collect your name, your home address, your email address, username, and password as part of the registration process.
- We will collect the information you provide about your irrigation system, including without limitation watering zone characteristics, watering schedules, and any pictures you upload of your yard and/or watering zones, and associate them with your Account.
- If you tell us where your Product has been installed (e.g. by providing the city and zip code and/or latitude/longitude geo-coordinates where you have installed the product), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information, such as weather reports relevant to your area.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- When you post messages on the message boards on our Website, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information based on the answers you provide.
- We also collect other types of information you provide to us voluntarily, such as your Product’s version and registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via email regarding support for the Product and Services.
- We also collect any personal information at other points on Services that indicate that personal information is being collected.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
We receive and store certain types of information automatically when you interact with our Website, Application, Product or Services.
- Log File Information. We automatically collect server log information including your IP address, cookie information, browser and/or mobile device information, operating system, timestamps, the pages you request, and the actions and path you take on the Website. Generally, we use this information, to better understand how visitors to our Website use the Website and to make improvements to our Website navigation and Services.
- Usage Information. We automatically collect information from the Website, Application, Product and Services, related to your use of the Services, including without limitation, watering schedules, irrigation activity, water consumption information, alerts, skipped scheduled events and information related to and watering zones. We use this data to better tailor our Services to our end users’ needs, and to improve our Services.
- Sensor Information. If you connect third party devices to the Services, such as rain sensors, flow meters or weather stations, we may collect the information provided by these third party devices and add them to your profile information. We use this data to provide and improve the Services.
- Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application, such as the features and functions of the Application you use, and time spent using certain features. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the Application and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Application crashes on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application.
If you have enabled location services on your mobile device, we collect, with your consent, your location information in order to provide you location-based services, such as weather forecasts, so that you can adjust your irrigation system accordingly. If you do not want this information collected by us, you can disable location services on your mobile device or decline our request to collect your location information.
What About Cookies?
Use of Your Personal Information
General Use. In general, personal information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your personal information in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Company.
Creation of Anonymous Information.
We may create anonymous data records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data to figure out how customers use parts of the Website or services so that we can make the Website appealing to as many customers as possible, and improve the Services. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and to share this data with third parties, including our partners so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience.
How the Company Shares Information
We share your personal Information as herein and as otherwise described below.
- Shared Access Features. Our Services may allow users to share certain administrative or operative features and functions of their Account and Product (“Shared Access Features”) with other users. For example, our Services may enable users to share control of the irrigation features of the Product with other users, such as their gardener, to enable that user to program their watering schedule. Users are solely responsible for designating who may access the Shared Access Features associated with their Account, and can change these designations in their Account settings.
- Service Providers: We may share your personal information with third party service providers who have a need to know your information in order for such service providers to: perform tasks on our behalf, conduct quality assurance testing, to facilitate the creation of accounts, to provide technical support and to perform other services for the Company.
- User Profiles: In order to enable users of the Services to learn from and share their experiences in using our Products, such as watering schedules for similar climates, certain portions of the user profile information you provide to us, including your name, location, and any videos or images in your profile (“Profile”) may be displayed to other users of the Services. Your Account privacy settings may allow you to limit which users can see the information in your Profile. Please remember that any content you upload to your public user Profile, along with any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose in your Profile may be collected and used by others.
- Public Posts. When you post messages or comments or upload images or videos to the public areas of the Website, such as our message boards and comment sections, other users of the Services will be able to see the content of your post, as well as your username.
- With Your Consent: We will share your personal information in accordance with your elections.
Is Personal Information About me Secure?
Your Account is protected by a password selected by you for your privacy and security. You are solely responsible for ensuring that there is no unauthorized access to your password.
Company endeavors to protect user information to ensure that user account information is kept private, however, Company cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What Personal Information Can I Access?
Company allows you to access, update and delete the following information in your Account:
- Real name
- Account and user profile information, including images and other data and information you have uploaded to the Website
- User e-mail address
- Username and password
- User preferences
If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Choices Do I Have?
You may request deletion or inactivation of your Account by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your Account.
You can stop all collection of information by the Application by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device.
Questions or Concerns
Last Updated: March 23, 2017