Stop leaks in a minute or less.
Only cutting-edge Rachio Wireless Flow Meter technology monitors outdoor water-use, halts costly leaks and protects your landscape from damage.
Works exclusively with long-range Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler Controller technology.
Reveal the true picture of your outdoor water use.
Revolutionary Wireless Flow Meter technology pairs seamlessly with Rachio 3 and the Rachio App to uncover patterns or problems in the pipes below.
Measure with Accuracy
Identify Flow Problems
How the Wireless Flow Meter Works.
Install the Wireless Flow Meter between your backflow preventer and valve box, then it will automatically pair with the Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler Controller.
As you water each zone, the Wireless Flow Meter learns the baseline flow rate. If a leak is detected, Rachio will protect your landscape by sending an instant alert and shutting down only the affected zone.
Watch over your water with Vortex technology.
State-of-the-art Vortex technology measures flow rates with accuracy - down to the gallon per zone. Designed with no moving parts, this streamlined technology withstands winterization and continuous use without maintenance or repair.
Install the Rachio Wireless Flow Meter.
Once your Rachio 3 is up and running, continue with Wireless Flow Meter installation. Professional installation is recommended; however, Rachio has made meter installation easier than ever before.
Contact your local irrigation professional for assistance, or explore our installation overview for DIY suggestions and requirements.Learn More
Note: The wireless flow meter should be installed above-ground on an easily accessible ¾ - 1 inch diameter pipe; pipes greater than 1 inch diameter are not recommended.
We're here to help.
Questions or concerns? Reach out to our best-in-class Support team or explore the Help Center. We’re here for you every step of the way!
Questions or concerns about the Wireless Flow Meter? Reach out to our best-in-class Support team or explore the Help Center. We’re here for you every step of the way!Contact Support
Wireless Flow Meter Technical Specifications
In the box
- Rachio Wireless Flow Meter
- Plastic battery cover
- 2 AA batteries
- 4 screws
- Installation guide
Pairing & Calibration Requirements
- Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler Controller (not compatible with Rachio Generation 1 or Generation 2 controllers)
- iOS or Android compatible device
- iOS 10.3+ or Android 4.4+ (subject to change)
- Compatible Pipe Material: Copper, PVC, PEX or SDR9 poly.
- Pipe Length: For 1 inch PVC pipe, 1 inch copper or poly pipe, and ¾ inch PVC pipe: 14"of straight pipe required between the backflow preventer and valve box. For ¾ inch copper or poly pipe: 16" of straight pipe required between the backflow preventer and valve box.
- Pipe Size: ¾” or 1” in diameter (pipes greater than 1” in diameter are not recommended)
- Fittings: Fittings matched to pipe size (not included with the Wireless Flow Meter)
- Wi-Fi: 2.4 or 5 GHz wireless network signal available at controller installation location
- Range: Installation site must be within 300 feet of an installed Rachio controller.
- Note: Rachio Wireless Flow Meter is intended for outdoor water use only
Size and Weight
- 6" x 2.5" x 3.25"
- 0.55 lbs
- Source: Two AA batteries
- Life: Approximately 2 years with normal use
- Instrument: Vortex Technology
- Flow Range: .5 - 25.0 GPM
- Accuracy: +/- 5%
- Burst Pressure: 350 PSI
- Pressure Loss at 20 GPM: <1.5 PSI
2-year limited warranty
- Data Transmission: LoRa® wireless network
- Range: 330 ft (100 m) open air
- External Interface: Indicator light for pairing with Rachio 3 Smart Controller
- Operating Temperature: 32F to 120F; freeze-proof with no water in the system
- Waterproof; submersible to 3.3 ft (1 m) of water, no additional enclosure needed
- Winterize system without removing flow sensor